Cougar Pre-Law Day
Thursday, March 29, 2018
Chinook, Room 150
Students in all majors are invited to any or all events!
1:30–2:00 p.m. Keynote Address by Seattle City Council member Lorena González
One of two citywide representatives and the first person of Latino descent elected to serve the Seattle City Council, González is a nationally recognized civil rights leader and community advocate and a WSU alum. In her two years in office, she has spearheaded legislation to create secure scheduling for low-wage workers, to ban conversion therapy, to allocate $1 million for a legal defense fund for immigrants and refugees facing immigration proceedings, and to pass meaningful police reform.
2:00–3:00 p.m. Legal Professional Panel
Prominent attorneys and WSU alumni discuss their experiences and perspectives on careers in law. Q&A follows.
- Kari Brotherton, Ryan, Swanson & Cleveland, PLLC
- Nathan Deen, Assistant Attorney General, WSU
- Tim Filer, Foster Pepper PLLC
- Lorena González, Seattle City Councilmember
- Fé Lopez, Seattle Community Police Commission
- Honorable Judge Jack Nevin, Pierce County Superior Court
3:15–4:00 p.m. Law School Admissions Panel
Admissions representatives from regional law schools provide information, insights, and tips for success. Q&A follows.
4:00–5:00 p.m. Law School Admissions Fair & Networking Reception
Opportunity for students to meet and speak with legal professionals and area law school representatives.
Participating Law Schools
- University of Washington School of Law, Seattle, WA
- Seattle University School of Law, Seattle, WA
- Gonzaga University School of Law, Spokane, WA
- University of Idaho College of Law, Moscow & Boise, ID
- Concordia University School of Law, Boise, ID
- Blewett School of Law at the University of Montana, Missoula, MT
- Lewis & Clark Law School, Portland, OR
- Willamette University College of Law, Salem, OR
- University of Oregon School of Law, Eugene, OR
FREE • Refreshments provided
Sponsored by the Pre-Law Resource Center, Pre-Law Society, Minority Association of Pre-Law, and College of Arts & Sciences.